The Newborn Care Class and Certification is an intensive class that will ensure you are ready to care for an infant on day 1! We know that you want to be certified to help parents care for their new infants, and provide them the confidence they need to thrive. Newborn care requires special skills and knowledge only available through a quality education. Newborn Care Specialists’ skills are in demand by new parents, provide an opportunity to grow your expertise, and develop meaningful connections with infants and families.
Becoming a Newborn Care Specialist allows nannies to go to the next level in their careers and income.
Care Academy is proud to offer an newborn care specialization that combines knowledge you get online, and convenient class and hands on knowledge offline with a trained Newborn Care Specialist, Leeann Keady, postpartum doula, and mentor that can support your growth in your new career!
What’s covered in the class:
- Nursery Suggestions
- Clothing suggestions
- Preparing new parents to bring home the baby a room by room guide
- Fetal Development birth – 3 months
- NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) – what happens there
- Feeding, formula, breast feeding , pumping
- diapers and what goes in them
- Sleeping, scheduling
- Expected delays and milestones (what’s normal)
- 5 s’s
- Holding babies
- Colic, Reflux and other warning signs
- Helping mom with C section
- Newborn Safety
- Role of the Newborn Care Specialist
Care Academy founder, Helen Adeosun, and Newborn Care Course instructor Leeann Keady discuss the detailed materials covered in the course that prepare our students for the rigors of caring for newborns.
Leeann Keady is a Certified Newborn Care Specialist, Lactation Consultant, and Postpartum Doula who has spent her entire career caring for newborns and sharing her expertise as a newborn care educator. Care Academy is pleased to collaborate with Leeann on the creation of our Newborn Care Class. Enclosed is a list of Leeann’s many professional accomplishments.
- Certified Newborn Care Specialist
- Community Counselor APIA
- Lactation Consultant
- Postpartum Doula
- Mother of 3
- Owner of Newborn Training and Certification Assoc. Inc.
- Author of Multiple Baby Solutions NCS Manual
The Newborn Care Class is a dynamic and interactive learning experience designed to prepare future nannies and caregivers for the rigors of caring for newborn children. Upon successful completion of the class students receive a certificate of completion that may be included as a resume credential.
- Interactive Quizes
- Recorded Audio
- Articles & Resources
- Moderated Discussions
- Live Webinars & Q&A
- Care Academy Newborn Care Level 1 Certification
- 2 Live In-Person Sessions
Are there prerequisites?
Being a NCS, night nanny, maternity nurse is a highly skilled professional position. While we do not require prerequisites, we highly recommend our students complete the following prior to applying for a newborn care specialist position:
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Infant CPR Certification
- CORI Background Check
- Care Academy Professional Nanny Class and Certificate
- May 31st- DEADLINE for the JUNE session
Live Class Sessions (in Boston, MA):
- Sunday, June 15 from 3pm-7pm
- Sunday, June 22 from 3pm-7pm