Newborn Care Specialist Certification Class Overview
The Newborn Care Specialist Certification class is an intensive course that will ensure you are ready to care for an infant on day 1! We know that you want to be certified to help parents care for their new infants, and provide them the confidence they need to thrive. Newborn care requires special skills and knowledge only available through a quality education. Newborn Care Specialists’ infant care skills are in demand by new parents, and provide you an opportunity to grow your expertise and develop meaningful connections with infants and families.
Becoming a Newborn Care Specialist allows nannies to go to the next level in their careers and income.
Care Academy is proud to offer newborn care classes that combine knowledge and convenience you get online, with hands-on knowledge offline with a trained Newborn Care Specialist, Leeann Keady, who is also a postpartum doula and mentor. She can support your growth in your new career!
Newborn Care Specialist Certification Class Syllabus
What’s covered in our newborn care classes:
- Nursery Suggestions
- Clothing suggestions
- Preparing parents to bring home the baby: a room-by-room guide
- Infant Development: birth – 3 months
- NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit): what happens there
- Feeding, formula, breast feeding, pumping
- Diapers and what goes in them
- Sleeping, scheduling
- Expected delays and milestones (what’s normal)
- 5 s’s
- Holding babies
- Colic, Reflux and other warning signs
- Helping Mom with C section
- Newborn Safety
- Role of the Newborn Care Specialist
Watch our Newborn Care Specialist Video
Care Academy founder, Helen Adeosun, and Newborn Care Course instructor Leeann Keady discuss the detailed materials covered in the course that prepare our students for the rigors infant care.
About Our Newborn Care Specialist Certification Instructor
Leeann Keady is a Certified Newborn Care Specialist, Lactation Consultant, and Postpartum Doula who has spent her entire career caring for newborns and sharing her expertise as a newborn care educator. Care Academy is pleased to collaborate with Leeann on the creation of our Newborn Care Classes. Enclosed is a list of Leeann’s many professional accomplishments.
- Certified Newborn Care Specialist
- Community Counselor APIA
- Lactation Consultant
- Postpartum Doula
- Mother of 3
- Owner of Newborn Training and Certification Assoc. Inc.
- Author of Multiple Baby Solutions NCS Manual
Enroll in our Newborn Care Specialist Certification Class
The Newborn Care Class is a dynamic and interactive learning experience designed to prepare future nannies and caregivers for the rigors of caring for newborn children. Upon successful completion of the class students receive a certificate of completion that may be included as a resume credential.
- Interactive Quizzes
- Recorded Audio
- Articles & Resources
- Moderated Discussions
- Live Webinars & Q&A
- Care Academy Newborn Care Level 1 Certification
- 2 Live In-Person Sessions
Are there prerequisites?
Being an NCS, night time nanny, maternity nurse or pediatric nurse are all highly skilled professional positions. While we do not require prerequisites, we highly recommend our students complete the following prior to applying for a newborn care specialist position:
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Infant CPR Certification
- CORI Background Check
- Care Academy Professional Nanny Class and Certificate
- Check our course schedule for ongoing deadlines